Saturday, August 13, 2011

Forgive

I'm working on this piece for my niece. She loves anything I make so I try to make lots of things for her. She is currently living with her husband in Italy while he is stationed over there with the military. Living in a foreign country isn't all it's roses. There's the language barrier and the rudeness of the Italian people against Americans. I find it hard to forgive the actions of some of these people and their treatment of visitors to their country. I would love to go back and visit her, but I don't know if I can.

So I try to make her things that will bring a smile to her face and give her a little bit of home, like the quilt I made earlier. I hope the next sixteen months go quickly and that she and her husband can be back home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment