Tuesday, June 12, 2012

#whateverittakes

I found out this week that I am prediabetic - not something I was expecting, but it does explain a few things. So it's time to cutback on the carbs and sugars. Prediabetes is a reversable situation, one I plan on reversing as soon as possible. I had commented on Twitter about walking a mile this evening, half of it uphill, and a friend had replied with #whateverittakes - so it will become my new motto as I lose this weight (I am more than 70 pounds overweight).

I'm working on a knitting project called Twin Lakes Blankie from Lion Brand yarns. I've had the yarn purchased from last year but had never started it. The person I was going to make it for was pregnant at the time, but her baby will be a year old here in a couple of months - but she is pregnant again and this one may be in time to get the blanket. Below are a couple of beginning photos I took for my Ravelry account. I like that I can keep track with pictures and percentages - helps me to complete projects.



I was also outside a a bit and took this picture with my phone. It is a couple of weeks old but it is such a beautiful picture I just have to share.


I am also participating in Camp NaNoWriMo - a summer version of NaNoWriMo - June and August are camp dates so come and join the fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment